We want a Water Engineer to join us at CWT
Are you dedicated to your job, to quality and to ... water? Then delivering Water Solutions for the Caribbean will be a very broad and interesting job for you!
Duties/Areas of Responsibility:
• Planning and supervising the installation, start-up and commissioning of water treatment processes for seawater desalination, wastewater treatment, water treatment and water distribution.
• Concurrently carrying out project management activities on all our projects (esp. those > 100K $)
• Preparing job costing spreadsheets to estimate costs for new jobs
• Engineering design of piping systems, water treatment processes, and process controls.
• Specifying, sourcing and procuring materials and equipment.
• Preparing bill of materials for new jobs
• Preparing technical proposals and quotations.
• Reviewing, interpreting and reporting on water quality analyses.
• Visiting customer sites that we operate and maintain to carry out process testing and checks as required, reporting back on process performance and improvements needed, taking ownership of the quality we deliver.
• Planning and scheduling of technicians and resources (e.g. vehicles, tools, test equipment) as required.
• Recruiting and overseeing performance of sub-contracted technicians and laborers.
• Managing the profitability of operation and maintenance service contracts.
• Participating diligently in training and professional development opportunities. There will be an ongoing need to read and study available texts, technical articles, manufacturer information, manuals, drawings and periodicals on innovations in our domain(s).
QUALIFICATIONS / SOFT & TECHNICAL SKILLS ….
• B.S. degree in Engineering (industrial engineering / mechanical / chemical processing) preferably with specialization/experience in Water Treatment (desalination, irrigation, reverse osmosis, wastewater treatment, pumps, chemicals).
• Solid engineering, planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience working in / managing multiple projects and resources concurrently. Pay will depend on the experience, 5 years is a minimum but we are looking for somebody to grow with the company.
• Team player able to work across teams and uplifting junior technicians.
• Accurateness and eye for detail both in project delivery and administration.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English. Other languages are a plus.
• Valid driver’s license
• Preferably experience living and working on Antigua / any Caribbean island
• Visa Candidate Considered: CARICOM very strongly preferred.
• Relocation Assistance Available: Yes – individual
If interested, send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.